This blogpost describes installation of OpenSolaris 2008.05
on dom0 running x86_64 Debian/Etch Linux.
Live CD default passwords
- Create disk image (at least 4GB)
- Copy OpenSolaris 2008.05 ISO file in /xen/os1/os200805.iso
- Mount the ISO file or CD and copy these 2 files in /xen/os1/ on dom0
- Create config file /etc/xen/os1.cfg with this content:
- Boot the system and login as jack/jack:
- Wait 1-2 minutes for all daemons and networking to start
- In case you want to use static IP, you need to configure it
- Connect to VNC server and install OpenSolaris same way as if you boot
- Modify config file /etc/xen/os1.cfg:
- Boot the system and login with your username. In case you are using
static IP address, follow the steps above.
- OpenSolaris 2008.05 is up and running ;-)
Nice howto for network configuration is here.
Thanks to Mark Johnson for OpenSolaris Xen howto. I had to make
few changes to make it work on Debian but it was a great starting